Monday, December 12, 2005

Top 5 Things To Do In Cleveland (In December)

Now I know I've been hard on this shithole since I've been here. But truth be told, I think it would actually be a pretty cool place to go to during July, both literally and figuratively. (It's almost the complete opposite of my love for Minneapolis. I love the Twin Cities, but I'm sure if I ever went in the winter, that wouldn't be the case.) Right now its so fucking cold my balls are shivering. But evenso, there's still a few cool things to do.

5) Attend a Cavaliers game. I'd say a Browns game, but let's be honest - if you don't live in Cleveland who would really want to sit outside in 5 degree weather to watch these guys play? The Cavs aren't much better, but basketball is played indoors.

4) Hit up The Flats or The Warehouse district. You wanna drink, this is where you go. A very nice variety of bars and nightclubs. Nothing truly outrageous or off the wall, but a good solid selection.

3) Check out the Cleveland Orchestra. They're really good and unfortunately I won't get to see them on this trip. I might be able to squeeze them in, but I might wind up missing out. If I don't that kinda sucks, but thankfully, I've been shined down from the heavens above and I'm allowed to come back to this lovely, lovely, lovely city in January. I can't wait.

2) Visit the Pro Football Hall of Fame - I know, I know. It's in Canton. But its 50 mins away. Close enough. Seeing as how this one is south of Cleveland (thus warmer), I'm gonna save this one for the return trip to Cleveland. It'll be the anchor of my trip for the 2nd go around.

1) Visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame & Museum - Easily the best $18 I've spent in a looooong time. If you a music fan you will love this place. If you are a music fiend like I am, you'll want to stay and never leave. If you go be sure you get there early. I was there for 5 hours and I feel like I still didn't get to absorb it all in as much as I wanted to. When you're there, be sure to grab the brochure for "500 songs that shaped rock & roll" - aka, "500 songs you need to download once you get home."

1 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Maybe the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but that would be the only reason to visit Cleveland. I just don't think I will ever have a desire to go there.

1:26 PM, December 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home