Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday Night Selections

1 blog. 5 songs. Ya'll know the drill.

Retro

Lionel Richie - "Say You, Say Me"
Before Tuesday, I had never heard this song. Since then, I think I've listened to it at least 89 times. It's perfect. If you like soulful R&B, this is a song for you. Let's put it this way, I don't even like R&B and I like it.
Watch The Video
And in case you're curious, the movie the song was written for was "White Nights". Thank you Wikipedia.

Rap/R&B
Rihanna - "Unfaithful"
As of late, I've been a Rihanna fan. Looks like Miss Pon de Forehead got her act together. This track has a different tone than most of her stuff, but I like this direction. I'm also a sucker for songs that tell a story.
Watch The Video

Remix
Rick Ross ft. Jay-Z & Young Jeezy - "Hustlin (Remix)"
"As of now this is my Pre-Memorial Day pick for "Song of Summer 06." If not the original, the remix featuring Jay-Z and Young Jeezy is a DEFINITE summer banger."
- May 28, 2006 in reference to the original "Hustlin" being listed in SnS
At the time I made that statement I hadn't even heard the remix. Just with a lineup like that you know its gonna be good. I was right.
Watch A Video

Rock
Angie Aparo - "Spaceship"
Once again, the white people are asleep at the wheel and the rock category suffers. Considering this is summertime and the charts are dominated by r&b and rap acts, I'm not surprised. With that being said, I decided to list Angie Aparo's "Spaceship" as this week's rock selection. Mostly because he has a show on July 21st at Headliners in Columbia. Good enough reason for me. Who wants to go?
Watch The Video

Random
Eric Prydz - "Call On Me"
Yes, this is the same song currently on the TerenceTron. I heard it on the radio and it got stuck in my head, though after being introduced to the video, that's definitely not a bad thing.
Watch The Video

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home