Tuesday, November 08, 2005

50th Post Special: Life Soundtrack

When you step away from life for a second, it seems as if we're all just characters in a movie. Now while some of us are in Cannes Film Festival quality movies, some of us are stuck in some B-movie production from Troma. Well either way, every good movie has to have a soundtrack, so guess what I'm going to do here. ;-) Now I know, what some of you are saying already. "But Terence, movies don't have soundtracks that have 50 songs." Well movies don't last for 22 years either. I'm sure that if all the important stuff in life happened to me in 2 hours & 15 mins I could get this list down to 15 songs or so, but I wasn't that fortunate...or unfortunate.

Unlike most of my lists, there's no real ranking to this, though the 15 most important songs will be bolded for SIGNIFICANCE. Or something like that. And before you think I can't do this, remember, I hold the most minute details in the same regard as the major life events. Look for little stuff to make a big factor on this list. Also, like every soundtrack, there will be songs that don't really make any sense.

An Ocean of Memories
50) Fastball - "The Way" (1st song on radio after getting my license)
49) Vitamin C - "Graduation" (high school graduation)
48) Sheryl Crow - "My Favorite Mistake" (Dawna)
47) Enrique Iglesias - "Bailamos" (Summer '99 in Minnesota)
46) Red Hot Chilli Peppers - "Californication" (Summer '00 in LA)
45) Eve 6 - "Here's To The Night" (Summer '01)
44) Avril Lavigne - "Complicated" (Summer '02)
43) Lil Jon & The Eastside Boys - "Get Low" (Summer '03/Clemson Orientation/92G)
42) Outshine - "Your Love" (Valentine's Day '03 - talk about a crazy day)
41) Trillville - "Get Some Crunk In Yo System" (Summer '04 / Piddy's Theme)
40) Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" (Summer '05)

Press Start or Die Tryin'
39) NAOKI - "B4U" (I lost 35 lbs playing DDR - aka, Diet Diet Revolution)
38) Donkey Kong Country theme ('96 World Video Game Championships - Region Champ)
37) Street Fighter II Champ. Edition - "1 Credit Finish Theme" (I rocked the house in SFII)
36) Super Mario Bros. - "Overworld Theme" (I'm a gamer. here by default)
35) Offspring - "All I Want" (Damn I love Crazy Taxi)

Every Protagonist Has To Fight Personal Demons
34) Def Leppard - "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (I spent way too much time w/ strippers)
33) Ivan Van Dahl ft. Marsha - "Castles in the Sky" (offered Coke - not the soda)
32) Bloodhound Gang - "The Bad Touch" (propositioned for a blowjob. The song playing was about as coincidental as it could get)
31) Pixies - "Velouria" (Worst hangover I've ever had. I felt completely empty.)
30) Alphaville - "Forever Young" (Ever wasted time in your life and you knew it?)
29) My Chemical Romance - "Helena" (As much as I love this song, it reminds me of the time when I'd wake up hating every second of life. It hurt just to get up and be productive. When I hear it now, I still remember feeling like I'd (phsycially and mentally) hit the lowest of the low and that up was the only way to go from there on out.
28) The Killers - "Smile Like You Mean It" (Every yin has its yang. I guess this would be playing during the scene where I pull myself up by the bootstraps and start making changes.)

Best Actress Nominees
27) The Cure -"Pictures of You" (Michele)
26) Lifehouse - "Hanging By A Moment" (Rebecca)
25) Sarah McLachlan - "I Will Remember You" (Deborah)
24) Depeche Mode - "Somebody" (Terence = hopeless romantic)

Real Men Aren't Afraid To Cry
23) Terry Jacks - "Seasons in the Sun" (PaPa)

You Won't Like Me When I'm Angry
21) NaS - "Ether"
20) 2Pac - "Hit 'Em Up"
19) Eazy-E - "Real Muthafukkin' G's"

Alter-Egos
18) Vince McMahon - "No Chance In Hell" ('99 SC FBLA Vice President / Mr. Polk's Theme)
17) Linkin Park - "Breaking the Habit" (Change in life course / "Terence's" Theme)

What Happened During Childhood?
16) Theme from "The REAL Ghostbusters" (I ain't fraid of no ghost)
15) Cookie Monster - "C is for Cookie" (and that's good enough for me)
14) Ernie - "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon" (kid song or not, I still love this one.)
13) Michael Jackson - "Beat It" (I really wanted to be Michael Jackson as a kid. Now, notsomuch)

Songs Playing When I'm Doing Something Stupid
12) Britney Spears - "Lucky" (I made up a dance to this. And taught it to Rachel.)
11) Journey - "Don't Stop Believin"
10) Bon Jovi - "Livin On A Prayer" (CU Orientation/Anything involving alcohol)
9) Outkast - "Hey Ya" (Clemson/Carolina '03 - ICE COLD!!)

What Makes Me Tick?
8) NaS ft Lauryn Hill - "If I Ruled The World" (Summer '97 / I always have this grandiose plans of how I want things to turn out. Unfortunately, I'm not always sure of how I to get into a position to where those dreams become reality.)
7) Clemson University Alma Mater (that the Tigers' roar my echo...)
6) WWE WrestleMania IX-XIV Theme (professional wrestling is part of what makes me me.)

This Is Me
5) Cool C - "Glamorous Life" (Along with being a hopeless romantic, I've been known to spoil a girl or two)
4) Geto Boyz - "Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" (Sometimes I'm kind of a big deal. Or at least I like to think so.)
3) Eminem ft Dido - "Stan" (Sometimes I get a little down...)
2) Daft Punk - "One More Time" (...but life's too short to be sad. There's always a party somewhere.)
1) Pixies - "Where Is My Mind" (Sometimes I think too much. Sometimes I think about stupid stuff (like this list). But any way you slice it, I'm a thinker. That's what I do.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home