Sunday, November 27, 2005

Mucho Cerveza

Bienvenidos to Cinco de Piddy's 1st semi-drunk post. Since I'm making this the flagship, expect random stories here in addition to the normal "list-post-go" format of this blog. Promise they won't be long stories. Just used moreso as a set up piece.

Anyways, tonight I didn't want to go out. I could have, but I just wasn't up for going to Five Points. I like girls. I like beer. I like randomness. I like strippers. I just wasn't up for it tonight. Which wasn't a completely bad thing. I got a chance to chit chat w/ Miss Jen (which is always great randomness in itself), watch some good football, and laugh at Libby and her encounter with the Loch Ness Monster. Well after all of them went to sleep, I decided I wanted to drink. Who decides this at 3:30am? Me. In case you've forgotten, I'm a night-shifter at heart. What's 3:30am to you is only 9pm to me.

While I have no problem with drinking by myself, I always need a gimmick. Usually its wrestling (which explains why I've never seen Michaels v. Angle from WrestleMania 21 sober), but I wasn't in a mood to watch guys slam each other on the mat. Jen gave me the idea of celebrating her brother's birthday and her parent's annivesary, which is fine. Just as good of a reason as any, but I still needed a theme.

That's when it hit me. Hip hop blowout!! (For those of you keeping score at home, keep note - I NEVER use the exclaimation point, let alone twice. The alcohol is starting to kick in.) There's nothing like a flashback to the late 80s/early 90s to make you feel good. So without further adieu, here is my hip-hop play list. I mean you can't have a good party without good music, even if it is just a party of one (it coulda been a party of five, but my parents didn't die in a car accident).

In no particular order or ranking (seeing as how Winamp was on shuffle):
  • Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five - "White Lines"
  • Pharcyde - "Passin Me By"
  • Cool C - "Glamorous Life"
  • 2Pac - "Brenda's Got A Baby'
  • George Clinton & The Parliament Funkadelic - "One Nation Under A Groove"
  • Paperboy - "Ditty"
  • LL Cool J - "I'm Bad"
  • Arrested Development - "Mr. Wendal"
  • Dr. Dre - "Let Me Ride"
  • Ice Cube - "It Was A Good Day"
  • Beastie Boys - "Girls"
  • Digable Planets - "Rebirth of Slick"
  • Run-DMC - "Rockbox"
  • Kid N' Play - "Ain't Gonna Hurt Nobody" (you don't want none of Piddy. I go way back)
  • Digital Underground - "Humpty Dance"
Now hopefully I don't get up and try to break out 5th-grade-esque dance moves. Because there's deifnitley no one out here to help me other than Curious George. And while he's been a great friend, I don't think he can dial 9-1-1 without some human assistance.

1 Comments:

Blogger TigerBelle113 said...

I totally forgot to tell you this, but my uncle invited his contractor to our family Thanksgiving feast on Thursday. His name is Alvarro, he's Columbian, and he doesn't know much English. So...I got to use some of my [way more dusty than i thought] skills de espaƱol. It was pretty awesome. At one point, he saw Murphy Lee (the cat...a really FAT one that kinda looks like Garfield) and said, "Ooooh, no es gato...es un tigre!" It was so adorable!! :-D

I <3 hispanic people.

And no, he didn't have a hot wife/daughter/niece/girlfriend/sister/etc. with him...he's in the States alone for now working.

8:35 PM, November 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home