Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Top 5 State Mottos

5) Michigan - "Si Quaeris Peninsulam Amoenam Circumspice"
("If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look around you.")
I'm sure the meeting for this one included one guy who just went "Okay, this is just stupid. I mean, what about Florida? I'll agree to let it go ONLY because I want to go home, but please put that shit in a different language. At least then people will be too lazy to translate it."

4) Florida - "In God We Trust"
(5 minute meeting. Someone pulled out a dollar, slammed it down on the table, and said, "Good enough for me, let's hit the beach.")

3) West Virginia - "Montani semper liberi"
("Mountaineers are always free")
...but miners, not so much.

2) Georgia - "
Wisdom, justice, and moderation"
To me, the irony here says more than enough.

1) New Hampshire - "Live free or die."
I really, really, really want them to add the word "bitches!" to the end of that. If they did, I'd buy 3 NH license plates just for shits and giggles.
LIVE FREE OR DIE BITCHES!!!! G-G-G-G-UNIT!

Honorable Mention
Wyoming - "Equal Rights"
If only Harriet Tubman knew this and detoured the Underground Railroad far out west. Unfortunately, a) there's about a 20 yr difference between the height of the UR and Wyoming becoming a state and b) shit, black folk ain't walkin' that far. I'm still surprised some of us walked/hitchhiked to Canada back then.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously...where do you come up with this shit? i wanna pick some topics out one day....

5:57 PM, January 25, 2006  
Blogger TOPolk said...

Feel free to do so. Just shoot me an email and I'll post 'em.

6:27 PM, January 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home